Monday, November 16, 2015

What I Read This Week 11/16

Moletown by Torben Kuhlmann

This was an interesting book because it had a few words at the beginning and end but was otherwise nearly wordless. The illustrations were really interesting even though they were not bright. I think kids could come up with really great stories while looking at this one and it would be great for kids who want to read but can't quite read on their own yet.

You’re a Crab! A Moody Day Book by Jenny Whitehead

I loved the really detailed almost watercolor illustrations in this book. I was also really pleased with the positive language throughout the story. For example, being angry is never bad, it's just something that happens to everybody.

My Leaf Book by Monica Wellington

My library can never have enough seasonal books and I love the fun but realistic illustrations of leaves in this one. It would be a lot of fun to make your own leaf book after reading and there are fun facts on most pages for more advanced readers.

Thankful by Eileen Spinelli

Again, I think my library could own a thousand books for each holiday and season and we would still not have enough. This is a good addition to our collection because it is great for thinking about what others might be thankful for and for starting your own conversation with your child or class.

The Nuts: Sing and Dance in Your Polka Dot Pants and The Nuts: Bedtime at the Nut House by Eric Litwin


Fans of Pete the Cat will love the author’s new series which is even more silly than any of the Pete the Cat books. This series shares the same upbeat tone and I love books that can be read or sung. You can also find the song recordings from the two books on thenutfamily.com

What the Dinosaurs Did Last Night: A Very Messy Adventure by Refe and Susan Tuma

The toy dinosaurs in this story get up to all sorts of Toy Story/Elf on the Shelf-esque hijinks. It's very silly and I like the photographs instead of illustrations. Kids will get a kick out of the goofy dinosaurs getting into trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...