Friday, December 15, 2017

Fall Family Festival

My coworker and I worked on this program together. Like most of my programs we started with a story (Fall is Not Easy by Marty Kelley) and a song (Autumn Leaves are Falling Down) followed by stations of different activities. This one was for 2-5 year olds-




 

Our snack station- I sliced the apples and put them on sticks for kids. Parents helped them dip them in the caramel (melted in a crock pot) and decorate them with sprinkles. There was a separate table for decoration and one for cooling so we could avoid traffic jams.



A simple (but well-loved!) activity made from soda bottles left over from or "corn maze"

The activity that made me think of this program in the first place- a toddler/preschool-friendly "corn" maze! It took a ton of soda bottles (49 I think) but it was a huge hit. We did weigh them down by partially filling them with water and the stalks were made from brown paper and pieces of an old hula skirt.

Just a large piece of cardboard left from another project and spray paint (also left over)

Part of the decorations from our Wizard of Oz-themed Summer Reading Club a few summers ago. Librarians never get rid of anything!


I love doing suncatcher crafts! We had this jack-o-lantern die for our Ellison Press cutting machine. We used cut up tissue paper and our trusty laminator to make them extra special!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...