Thursday, March 17, 2016

Flannel Friday- 5 Little Flowers

I don't think I've ever been so proud of myself! My Monday morning 3 year old group is very small, but LOVES songs with finger puppets. We've already done 5 Little Fishes and 5 Little Monkeys, but I couldn't find any other examples anybody had done. I knew I wanted a spring-themed set, so I made my own 5 Little Flowers! And, if anybody remembers my crocodile from 5 Little Monkeys, I think you'll agree that my puppet making skills have improved:



I just used a free hand flower shape for the finger puppets and based my hand puppet on a couple ones I've previously made. 

The rhyme goes:

5 little flowers growing in the ground
Teasing Mr. Bumblebee- we can't be found!
Along comes Mr. Bumblebee with a bzzzing sound-
And SNAPS! that flower right out of the ground!

I know it's not scientifically accurate for bees to snap flowers out of the ground, but this group of 3 year olds are just so excited something to snap a finger puppet off their hands that I couldn't resist. Let me know if you have any questions- or any ideas for more finger puppet sets!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable!! This is so fun! Thanks for sharing such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love:
    5 little apples hanging in the tree
    Teasing Mr. Squirmy Worm "You can't eat me!"
    Along comes Mr. Squirmy Worm as quiet as can be
    And nibbles one apple right out of that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love:
    5 little apples hanging in the tree
    Teasing Mr. Squirmy Worm "You can't eat me!"
    Along comes Mr. Squirmy Worm as quiet as can be
    And nibbles one apple right out of that tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm always looking for more of these songs

      Delete
  4. Hi there! Do you have a pattern for the bumblee?

    ReplyDelete

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...