Thursday, October 1, 2015

What I Read This Week 10/1

Mouse's First Halloween by Lauren Thompson
Not new, I know, but we just ordered a couple new copies of this and I remembered what I great story time book it is. The sentences are simple and short and the call and response rhythm of the story is great for reading aloud.  

Never Tickle a Tiger by Pamela Butchart
Mischievous children strike again! Our main character finds out what happens when you tease animals at the zoo. This book has a great pull out spread with tons of animals. I think all kids would love this story, but especially animal lovers and kids old enough to find it silly.

The Adventures of a South Pole Pig by Chris Kurtz
This is a very silly chapter book about an adventurous pig who ends up in Antarctica. I think kids would love to read it alone but it would also be a great story to read over several bedtimes. It would be great for kids who liked the Mercy Watson series, Flora and Ulysses, and any other Kate DiCamillo book.
4.6 (4th-8th)/660L (8-10 years)

Blame the Boys: Helen of Troy Tells All by Nancy Loewen
I am a huge fan of the twists on fairy tales that have been so popular lately, so I'm really glad we ordered this new series. It's a great way to introduce Greek myths but it would also be great for kids who already know a bit about myths and would find the stories funny. After much debate our library ended up filing this series under juvenile fiction instead of picture books, but there are so many pictures that it's basically a long picture book. 
3.5 (K-3rd)/550L (7-8 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...