Thursday, October 29, 2015

What I Read This Week 10/29

The Yoga Game by the Sea by Kathy Beliveau
My library finally bought a copy of this book, so I thought I would re-read it. I've done a few yoga programs for kids and this book was a fun way to get kids into doing animal poses. If you don't feel like doing the movements along, it would still make a fun guessing game. If you like this one, the same author also wrote The Yoga Game and Yoga Game: In the Garden, which comes out in December. I also really liked You are a Lion! by Tae-Eun Yoo.

8: An Animal Alphabet by Elisha Cooper
I love this alphabet book! The illustrations are great and I like that the names of the animals are on the page but not right next to the animals so kids can guess who is who. The animal facts in the back are a fun bonus.

Mr Postmouse's Rounds by Marianne DuBuc
This book was a really fun peek into the lives and houses of different animals. I don't think I would read it at story tie because the print is pretty small, but it would make a wonderful read-together for a kid who likes animals and/or general silliness.

When I Grow Up by Emma Dodd
Emma Dodd's stories are always so sweet and this one is now different. I love the simple illustrations with the gold foil on every page. This would make a great bedtime story.

My Humongous Hamster Goes to School by Lorna Freytag
This is the follow-up to last year's My Humongous Hamster and it is just as silly. Maybe I'm just partial to it because I used to have a hamster, but I think kids would find these stories hilarious. Even young kids should get a kick out of seeing an animal way bigger than it should be. This would be a great read aloud or bedtime story.

Yak and Gnu by Juliette MacIver
I always love books with unusual animals ( like Roly Poly Pangolin and Lost For Words) and this one even rhymes! Kids will like the fun illustrations and the repeated song that Yak and Gnu sing. This would be a tad long for younger story times, but it would be great for older story times and bedtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...