Monday, August 21, 2017

Big Kids Storytime- April Fools!

Hello Friends
Hello friends, hello friends
Hello friends- it's time to say hello!

Letter of the Week: A
The letter of the week is a a a, a a a, a a a
The letter of the week is a a a, and it makes the sound ahh
Words that start with a: apple, and, Austin, April
*we thought of so many A words this week, I couldn't even remember them all. We also had a lot of fun pointing out A words we saw in our first story- there were a lot!

ABCs

A Pig Parade Is a Terrible Idea by Michael Ian Black
*this book would have been a little long for a younger or less focused group, but mine LOVED it. I highly recommend it for storytimes- it has silly pictures, a fun storyline, and offers tons of opportunities for asking questions.

Peanut Butter Dance
First you spread the peanut butter, then you spread the jam
You put a slice of bread on top and eat up all you can
Then you take your sticky fingers and you wipe them on your pants
And you do a little wiggle for the peanut butter dance
*I'm going to start doing this rhyme in as many storytimes as I can- it's the second time I've done it with this group (and I've done it twice each with two other groups) and it is such a huge hit every time. Big kids love telling me to not wipe peanut butter on my pants and everybody loves the wiggling.

Silly Dance Contest 
(from Jim Gill's The Sneezing Song and Other Contagious Tunes)

Stop Snoring Bernard by Zacharia Ohora
*I was surprised this was actually more popular with my 2 year old group than this Big Kids group. This group usually loves silly sound effects, but maybe my snoring game wasn't on point today.


Tooty Ta 
(from Jean Feldman's Dr. Jean and Friends)
*Don't let the cover of this CD fool you, Tooty Ta was one of my biggest hits I've ever had. Apparently some of my coworkers have been using it forever, but I've somehow missed it. Highly recommended!

Falling For Rapunzel by Leah Wilcox


Family Goodbyes 
(from Jim Gill's Moving Rhymes for Modern Times)


Goodbye Friends
Goodbye friends, goodbye friends
Goodbye friends- it's time to say goodbye!

Reminder to self: from now on, if I have more than one CD song for storytime USE THE IPOD! I somehow convinced myself CDs were easier, but if I plan ahead at all (like I should) using the ipod makes storytimes go so much more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...