Thursday, July 16, 2015

Family Storytime 7/15

I just recently covered a family storytime (all ages at our library) for a coworker on vacation. As much as I love my babies at lap sit, I also like to shake it up with some picture books and felt boards I can't do with the tiny ones. Here's what I did for my 30 minute storytime:

Opening song: "Clap Your Hands" (Wiggleworms Love You cd)

ABCs

Wheels on the Bus

A Girl and Her Gator by Sean Bryan













Little Mouse felt board game

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Chu's Day at the Beach by Neil Gaiman













These Are My Glasses (Laurie Berkner cd- Whaddaya Think of That?)

Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons by James Dean and Eric Litwin (I also used a felt board we have made up to go along with this story)













Hokey Pokey (It was a young-ish group so we stuck with hands, feet, and whole self in so we didn't have to learn left and right)

Open Very Carefully by Nicola O'Byrne













Zoom Zoom Zoom

Where Is the Green Sheep? by Mem Fox (big book)
* Big books are GREAT for our family storytimes because we'll pretty consistently
have 40-50 people in the room. Plus they're really exciting for kids who haven't seen a book that big before!













Five Little Monkeys Jumping On a Bed

Puddle Pug by Kim Norman













Goodbye song:
Storytime is over now, over now, over now
Storytime is over now- see you next time!

Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...