Monday, July 13, 2015

Lap Sit: Week of 7/13/2015

I'm so sad this is the final week of our Summer storytime session! I've been in my position for about a year and a half so it's really hitting me that kids are starting to age out of my storytimes. To make myself feel better, I put together a storytime with some of my favorite songs and books. Here it is:

If You're Ready For a Story [to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It]\
If you're ready for a story, clap your hands (clap, clap)
If you're ready for a story, clap your hands (clap, clap)
If you're ready for a story, if you're ready for a story
If you're ready for a story, clap your hands (clap, clap)
[repeat with stomp feet and wave hello]

Big Big Big
This is big, big, big
This is small, small, small
This is short, short, short
This is tall, tall, tall
This is fast, fast, fast
This is slow, slow, slow
This is yes, yes, yes
This is no, no, no

ABCs

Acka Backa
Acka backa soda cracker, acka backa boo
Acka backa soda cracker, I love you [big hug]
Acka back soda cracker, acka backa boo
Acka backa soda cracker, up goes you! [lift baby or baby's arms up]

Book #1: Do Crocs Kiss? by Salina Yoon














Open Shut Them
[do the coordinating hand motions]
Open shut them, open shut them
Give a little clap, clap, clap
Open shut them, open shut them
Put them in your lap, lap, lap
Creep them crawl them, creep them crawl them
Right up to your chinny-chin-chin
Open wide your little mouth-
but do not let them in!

Wheels On the Bus
[my most popular verses seem to be wheels on the bus go round and round, kids on the bus go up and down, horn on the bus goes beep beep beep, and grown-ups on the bus go shh shh shh]

Slowly, Slowly
[make a creeping motion up and down kids' arms and legs]
Slowly, slowly, very slowly creeps the garden snail
Slowly, slowly, very slowly up the garden rail
Quickly, quickly very quickly runs the little mouse
Quickly, quickly, very quickly to his little house

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Book #2: Noodle Loves the Farm by Marion Billet














Wiggle Waggle Went the Bear
Wiggle waggle went the bear
Catching bees in his underwear
One bee out, one bee in
One bee bit him on his big bear skin...bzzz!

Thumbs are Starting to Wiggle
My thumbs are starting to wiggle, my thumbs are starting to wiggle, my thumbs are starting to wiggle- and now so are my arms!
My arms are starting to wiggle, my arms are starting to wiggle, my arms are starting to wiggle- around and around and around!
[You can repeat with as many body parts as you'd like. For babies I usually stick with 3 or 4]

Row Row Row Your Boat

She'll be Coming Around the Mountain
[I do this on accompanied by my ukulele, but when I don't do that, I like the additions that the ladies over at Jbrary make]:

Book #3: Zoom, Zoom, Baby! by Karen Katz














Bubbles (using a bubble machine)

Goodbye Song
Storytime is over now, over now, over now
Storytime is over now-
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...