Monday, July 31, 2017

Big Kids Storytime: The Great Outdoors

This week we did a (moderately) successful experiment and had storytime outside to go along with the theme. I had to make storytime a little shorter than normal (about 20 minutes instead of thirty) because it was a little distracting, but I still think it was really fun to do something different. Here’s what we were up to:

Hello Friends
Hello friends, hello friends
Hello friends- it’s time to say hello!

Alphabet Soup
We’re making alphabet soup, we’re making alphabet soup
We’ll stir the pot until it’s hot- we’re making alphabet soup

ABCs

Explorers of the Wild by Cale Atkinson


I’m An Acorn
I’m an acorn small and round
Lying on the cold,cold ground
People always step on me
That is why I’m cracked you see
I’m a nut (knock knock), I’m a nut (knock, knock)
I’m a nut, I’m a nut, I’m a nut (knock knock)

Fall Is Not Easy by Marty Kelley


Five Little Apples
5 little apples growing in a tree, teasing Mr. Horse you can’t get me
Along comes Mr. Horse as quiet as can be
And SNAPS! that apple right out of the tree
(repeat until all apples are gone)


Shakin’ Like a Leafy Tree (from Racing to the Rainbow by the Wiggles)

Goodbye Friends
Goodbye friends, goodbye friends
Goodbye friends- it’s time to say goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...