Monday, July 31, 2017

Big Kids Storytime: Yoga & Dancing

Hello Friends
Hello friends, hello friends
Hello friends- it’s time to say hello!

Alphabet soup
We’re making alphabet soup, we’re making alphabet soup
We stir the pot until it’s hot- we’re making alphabet soup
*Today’s letter of the day was Y for Yoga. We talked a little bit about yoga and how it’s all about making your body movements match your breath. To practice, we used a Hoberman sphere and when the ball got big, our bodies got big and full of breath. Then, when the sphere got small, we blew out our breath and our bodies got small too.

Good Morning Yoga by Mariam Gates 

I Have One
I have 1, I have 2, I have 3 little fingers
I have 4, I have 5, I have 6 little fingers
I have 7, I have 8, I have 9 little fingers
I have 10 little fingers on my hands
I can clap, I can clap, I can clap them in the morning
I can clap, I can clap, I can clap them in the evening
I can clap, I can clap, I can clap them in the moonlight
I have 10 little fingers on my hands

I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More by Karen Beaumont

*We used scarves as paintbrushes so we could pretend to paint ourselves along with the story. We kept them to sing our next song-

This Is the Way
This is the way we wash our arms, wash our arms, wash our arms
This is the way we wash our arms so early in the morning
*After the first verse, I asked kids what we should wash next. We had some pretty silly ideas and could have probably sung forever.

You Are a Lion by Taeeun Yoo


Can You Dance with Your Eyes (from the CD Everyone Loves to Dance! by Aaron Nigel Smith)
*This song was a GIANT hit- I will definitely use it again. Afterwards, I was winded enough that we sung Row, Row, Row Your Boat from the Wiggleworms Love You CD- it has fun verses like twist your boat and tickle your boat.

Goodbye Friends
Goodbye friends, goodbye friends
Goodbye friends- it’s time to say goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...