Friday, December 15, 2017

Nursery Rhyme Science Time: Winter Wonderland

Another installment of my STEAM-themed program. I'll be continuing this program next year under the name Little Scientists. Although "scientist" doesn't cover all of the STEAM topics, I think it will be easier for patrons to remember and give me a little more leeway with planning activities. I missed taking pictures of a few stations, but these were the biggest hits-

Watercolor resist paintings

Using math cubes to build winter objects (seriously the biggest hits of all the stations)

Ice cube experiment- kids tried lifting up an ice cube with a string. When that didn't work, they sprinkled salt on the ice cube, counted to 10, and tried again. It worked!

Snowflake shape building- we made snowflakes with all different shapes and (mostly) tried to always start with a hexagon, just like real snowflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Putt-Putt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini golf station at a program earlier this summer was so popular that I decided to make an entire Mini Putt-Put...